The Home of Science in the Galaxy
Founded in April 3301 by the eponymous Dr Arcanonn, The Canonn is the largest and most active scientific community throughout the bubble, now operating out of Thompson Dock, Varati.
It all started with the emergence of the now infamous ‘Unknown Artefacts’, a mystery (or is it a conspiracy?) that continues to dominate the Elite Dangerous universe.
Our extreme focus and diligence can be attributed to our diet of biscuits, whisky and a penchant for wearing tin foil hats. We take our Science seriously, but we do it without covering ourselves in chalkdust.
Our never-ending mission is not just to uncover the truth about these Unknown Artefacts, but all mysteries throughout the galaxy.
Dr Arcanonn is now helped by the Council who, in turn, only exist because of the members – those brave tinfoil-hat wearers who tirelessly sought the unknown artefacts in those dangerous early days; and who now continue to find exciting science to do, day after day after day after day after day.
Dr Arcanonn has also been recognised by Frontier as a key member of the community, with his own community spotlight 🙂
Wesley Yin-Poole at Eurogamer wrote this excellent article about Canonn, following xDeath’s discovery of the ancient ruins. Read it here
Have you registered and have issues with forum access? We can sort that too!
Our second official Community Goal is running from 11th May for a week, hauling goods with the aim of getting Canonn Decals and if we get the tiers high enough a Faction Mega Ship! If successful, the Mega Ship will be called Gnosis, and tiers are available to add outfitting, mission board etc. Don’t miss out! More information on how you can help here.
The first official Community Goal in March 3302 was a resounding success, providing us with the Canonn Institute in IX-T – the galaxy’s premier Unknown Artefact and Barnacle research lab. Thank you to all commanders and sciencers who took part. Dr Arcanonn salutes you! o7
Preparatory discussions (and general scheming) are underway for a second Community Goal. More news to follow nearer the time – you want to go to Lizard Heaven, don’t you?
- Canonn CG – 11th May – the Ultimate CG 11/05/2017
- Canonn R&D Announces “Bifrost” 25/04/2017
- Canonnball Run 2 04/03/2017
- Reports of ‘Unknown Ship’ Encounters 07/01/2017
- Forums working again 07/01/2017
- Alien Crash Site #3 discovered 09/11/2016
- Alien Crash Site #2 discovered 09/11/2016
- Ancient ruins discovered 30/10/2016
- Canonn Educates Ed (again!) 04/08/2016
Other new posts
- Canonn game menu frontend 17/11/2016
- CMDR Engalo “A dark wheel in the night” (PART 11) 14/09/2016
- CMDR ENGALO “The blue mansion” (PART 10) 22/08/2016
- CMDR ENGALO “The black abyss” (PART 9) 01/07/2016
- The ‘Tip Off’ (updated) 15/06/2016
- On the Formidine Rift 14/06/2016
- Overdue Homecoming 29/05/2016
- CMDR Engalo “Delivery” (Part 7) 27/05/2016
- Looking Homeward From Cygnus 25/05/2016