Continuing Thargoid Data Gathering
The Thargoid Data Gathering project has been a great success. We now have a wealth of data plotting the extent of Thargoid incursions.
However the nature of the Thargoid Threat has changed substantially since they have entered the bubble. Previously we would be able to tell from the threat levels what type of Thargoid vessels we would encounter but now it is not possible to distinguish a Medusa from a dozen scouts using automated equipment alone.
Given the changing nature of the threat, and the success of the previous program, Canonn R&D have upgraded the USS-Survey device to provide some additional features.
We now have a supercruise USS logging interface that allows you submit USS reports without having to drop in. This gives us an idea of the distribution of USS and can also tell us the frequency.
You will notice that when you drop in on a Non Human Signal Source you are presented with a selection of icons which you can use to tell us the nature of the encounter. For instance if you encounter four scouts simply click four times on the scout icon and then click the green button to submit the report.
You can click on the text of the report to edit it directly. This also gives you access to a Thargoid Logo identification section of the form which you can use to identify and report on the Thargoid logogram.
Commanders on the Xbox and PlayStation can also contribute by manually entering data from a form. We hope that one day you too will be able to use the automated tools.
Your participation in this project can help us in a number of ways:
- It will enable us to create new maps with reliable information about where to find probes and sensors for interaction with Thargoid Surface Sites.
- It will allow us to map where we can expect hostile and neutral interactions with more accuracy.
- It will also help us track activity in systems which have been highlighted by the Eagle Eye Unregistered Communications Beacons so we can draw charts of activity over time.
Live Chart of Collected Data
To help with the effort, the following data gathering tools have been provided:
- Thargoid hyperdiction reporting form
- Supercruise USS reporting Form
- Thargoid battlezone reporting form
- EDMC plugin (by LCU No Fool Like One)
Please use these methods of reporting when encountering Thargoids as this will help add to the data we have already captured.
1. For PC users, first you will need to download and install the Elite Dangerous Market Connector.
2. Then download the USS survey plugin (in the quote below) and unzip it in the EDMC plugin folder.
As well as automatically logging USS and Hyperdictions it will also allow you to click through to the manual forms with some of the details pre-filled.
EDMC use is only possible on PC, so if you are using Xbox or PS4 you will need to use the reporting forms.
Advice for Scientists
- Always carry a Xeno Scanner. You may gather new data, and it will make the identification of the signal a lot easier.
- Always take a screenshot of the Thargoid Vessel AND its marking from your contacts screen or your HUD. This will be especially important if you find a new one.
- Any observation of new behaviour will be very welcome. Also note any tests you carry out and the result.
The data you provide will help us analyse both the spread and regularity of these interactions, for the benefit of all.
- The raw data captured is available for viewing in a Google Sheet visible here.
- USS Survey and Supercruise information is available in a google sheet visible here
- This data is plotted on a 3d Map here (please note, the data takes a little while to load on first opening).
- The Canonn R&D Tool for checking and comparing Thargoid markings is available here.